The assessor’s office values thousands of properties each year.  A Change of Value Notice is sent to you when the assessed value of your property changes.  Taking into account that our values are the basis for a tax, it is not uncommon for questions to arise.  If you disagree with the county assessor’s valuation of your property, you have the right to appeal. 

Contact the assessor's office and speak with an appraiser to review the valuation of your property at any time.  Property owners can often settle disagreements at this level without filing a formal appeal. 

If you are still not satisfied, you may file a written appeal with the Mason County Board of Equalization. The Board of Equalization (BOE) is a separate entity, independent of the assessor’s office.

Appeal forms are available from the County Board of Equalization.