Mason County Public Health aims to reduce tobacco use and its related financial and health burden on the community. Program goals include:

  1. Promoting smoke-free environments and policies to protect the public from the dangers of secondhand smoke.

    Smoking in Public Places law (RCW 70.160) protects people from exposures to secondhand smoke in all public places and places of employment. This includes not smoking within 25 feet of building entrances, windows, and ventilation intakes. Please report violations of the law by calling (360) 427-9670 ext. 400. For more information about the law, visit

    Mason County Public Health provides technical assistance to apartment owners who wish to implement smoke-free housing policies. Potential renters can use our Smoke-Free Housing list to find apartments with smoke-free policies in Mason County.

    All Mason County property is designated smoke-free, including parks. Tobacco sales, sponsorship, advertising and sampling is prohibited on county property or at county-sponsored events. (Ordinance No. 91-06).
  2. Promoting cessation services that can help people quit tobacco successfully.

    Mason County residents who want to quit using tobacco can receive counseling, resource materials, and medication by calling the Washington State Tobacco Quit Line. Call 1-877-270-7867 or visit Linea en español 1-877-266-3863.

    The Washington State Department of Health released a new smoking cessation program at the beginning of 2015. 2Morrow Health is a free app that can be used on your smartphone and is accessible to anyone living in the state of Washington. This program is easy to use and has been found to be three times more effective than trying to quit on your own. For more information, please click on the image below.

  3. Keeping tobacco out of the hands of minors.

    Mason County Public Health provides health education and resources to encourage youth to livetobacco-free lifestyles.

    For information about any of Mason County’s Tobacco Prevention and Control programs, call (360-427-960 ext. 545. From Belfair, call (360) 275-4467 ext. 400.