Garbage Disposal Information
LEGAL NOTICE: Customers who use the Transfer Station and/or Drop-Off Facilities should be aware of the potential to encounter a variety of waste materials that may impact a user and/or their vehicle. When entering the Transfer Station and/or Drop-Off Facilities, all users assume the risk of any damage or injury to themselves, their passengers and/or their vehicles.
The County operates 4 sites for refuse disposal and recycling drop off.
Residents can take their household garbage and recyclables to any of the 4 sites. Locations, hours of operation and fees and charges are listed below. For a map of the locations click here.
Please note: We are closed on certain Holidays. Also, we will make every effort to be open, however, temporary closures may be necessary during inclement weather or power outages. Signs will be posted at the gates.
Eells Hill Transfer Station
501 W. Eells Hill Road, Shelton
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Eells Hill, Last Customer Accepted at 4:45 PM Through the Gate
Belfair Drop Box
1611 NE Sandhill Road, Belfair
Open Tuesday - Sunday
9:00 am – 3:30 pm
Hoodsport Drop Box
260 N Hoodsport Park Road, Hoodsport
Open Friday - Sunday
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Union Drop Box
Open Saturday - Monday
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Services available: refuse disposal, refrigerated appliance disposal, recycling, clean yard, trimmings recycling, scrap metal recycling, used motor oil and antifreeze drop off
Household Hazardous wastes are accepted, at no charge, on Fridays and Saturdays between 10:00am and 3:00pm. Click here for information on what is accepted and how to prepare your material.
All three drop box sites offer the following services:
- Refuse disposal (garbage)
- Recycling drop off
- Used motor oil and antifreeze drop off
- Belfair accepts scrap metal for a fee
- Commercial waste loads are not accepted at the three drop box facilities
- Belfair, Hoodsport and Union do not accept construction debris of any kind
- Belfair, Hoodsport and Union do not accept refrigerated appliances for disposal
- Commercial loads can be taken to the Eells Hill Transfer Station
Recycling Drop off is available at all 4 of our sites.
- Clean, dry, corrugated cardboard
- Clean, dry mixed papers including paper
- Clean, dry newspaper, magazines and
- Phone books
- Rinsed glass bottles and jars without lids
- Rinsed plastic jugs and bottles without lids
- Rinsed aluminum cans
- Rinsed tin cans
For curbside service anywhere in Mason County including the City of Shelton call Mason County Garbage at (360) 426-8729 or toll free at 877-722-0223.